Click column header to sort
Director of Audio Production
An EMR (Edited Master Record) Editor is a person who must be proficient with ProTools, Izotope RX, Batch Commander and Sound Miner, as well as be able to work with one or sometimes multiple executives to create the final audio output for a show. They must be personable, organized, detail oriented, and able to work with multiple productions schedules and coordinate appointments using Outlook. They should have both Recording and Editing experience in a broadcast studio environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manages and executes the scheduling of a productions EMR edits and reviews with the productions.
- Uses Microsoft Outlook calendar for booking EMR appointments.
- Imports Audio from Original Record Sessions.
- Edit’s circle takes or ALL takes from Original Record using the circle take scripts from Casting Dept.
- Must label and organize audio edits to Nickelodeon operation standard.
- Organizes edits into a radio play for review with Director or Creator.
- Cleans any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software.
- Applies Stretch, Pitch Shift, Crossfades, Edits or any other effects to make audio work for the show.
- Operates Microphone Pre-Amp, Compressors, Headphones and Software for scratch records.
- May need to work out timing for action.
- May also need to edit syllable by syllable from multiple takes to get the best possible read and audio.
- Synchronizes Dialog to Final Picture for Conforms.
- Must know workflow between Animatic, Avid, and EMR.
- Must know how to process audio from Animatic for Avid deliveries.
- Ensure Conforms meet delivery specifications set by the post facilities for the mix stages.
- Manages ordering for any stock needed.
- Quality Controls all EMR’s and adheres to Viacom Broadcast Standards.
- Daily confirms that all Equipment is functioning properly.
- Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio and Technical Support Coordinator, Tech Ops, West Coast.
- Provides guidance and support to productions as needed.
- Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
- Coordinate Calendar appointments with show’s production team.
- Consults with producers, directors and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for the show.
- Interfaces with the highest level at the company to provide guidance and support.
- Communicates with Production Crew, Casting Staff, Post Productions Teams, Editors, and Assistants as needed.
- Provides regular status updates to Director of Audio, Productions, and Technical Operations.
- Meets with other EMR, Animatic, Avid editors and Technical Operations team to ensure uniformity.
- Design, plan and implement program schedules for Nick Junior Preschool Block and Channel, long & short term
- Lead and Manage the day to day long form program scheduling operations
- Partner with Research in order to boost the program schedule and build ratings, reach and awareness
- Work closely with Media Planning on all stunts and programming initiatives to elevate network priorities
- Work closely with Multiplatform to window long form programming content across non-linear screens
- Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends and analyze their implications
- Work closely with Production/Current Series on series deliveries
- Collaborate with other Nickelodeon networks to coordinate programming priorities
- Manage team – Director and Programming Scheduler
- Communicate programming plans across the company through appropriate forums with Media Planning, Production, Press, Marketing, Digital and Social
The Sr. Director, Production – Games is responsible for overseeing all phases of development for the portfolio of game projects from concept phase through release and live operations for both license and internal game projects, focusing specifically on Big Kids games production.
Responsible to help identify, select, negotiate and manage external game developers and other third parties to ensure high quality games delivered within established budgets and schedules.
The position manages a team of game producers, at various levels, and maintains oversight of all game and related projects, ensuring the communication of product goals, progress, and any potential risks.
The Sr. Director, Production – Games manages communication and reporting to stakeholders and executive management, as well as external stakeholders (i.e. Show units, NCR, etc.).
- Develop and champion games roadmap for licensed and self-published titles, including any franchise plans specific to product IP
- Create, implement and manage Nick Games production processes, policies and procedures for internal and external use
- Participate in the Identification and selection of quality publishing and development partnerships
- Improve and evolve the Nick Games production and organizational structure
- Work with other Nickelodeon divisions to identify and execute synergistic opportunities across gaming platforms
- Work with development to identify game projects to take to “green-light” and help define success metrics
- Work to create developer agreements along with legal and business development, including creation of milestone and payment schedules, and communicate production related issues to the appropriate parties
- Serve as the executive contact with external developers and licensees throughout the production process and product life cycles
- Oversee the review of and approval of submitted milestones
- Manage production budgets against individual product P/L’s
- Develop strong relationships between all parties to maintain a reliable and timely flow of information as necessary
- Collaborates with marketing and PR to ensure effective synergy, distribution and promotion across the entire portfolio of Nickelodeon games
- Coordinate with all necessary departments and divisions as needed to facilitate delivery of projects and materials to ensure milestone deliveries are on time
- Work closely with the appropriate staff to research and identify any clearances for materials needed for publishing and/or marketing
- Keep key stakeholders informed of product status and vision throughout the project, including milestone updates, work-in-process presentations, etc)
- Manage brand clearances adhering to standard and brand approval requirements
- Participate in the due diligence process for external partners
- Represent production concerns for projects during roadmap planning and ongoing process
- Oversee milestone assessment for all projects
- Write and complete timely performance reviews
- Mentors and develops Producers at all levels
- Create staffing plans based on product roadmap
- Support the VP, Talent to implement talent development strategies and long-term plans for talent in Unscripted Programming in partnership with Celebrity Talent & Events Team
- Direct the day-to-day casting/talent booking for specific Nickelodeon Unscripted programming
- Manage day to day Talent Relations for Nickelodeon Networks Unscripted series including marketing, special events, pro-social and network needs
- Manage all logistics as it pertains to talent participation for appearances and events, including maintaining talent calendars, booking travel, cars, and ensuring that all contractual obligations are met and adhered to
- Direct and manage all pre-production and creative as it pertains to talent participation in unscripted programming
- Establish and develop relationships with entertainment community
- Negotiate talent deals with agents and managers
- Provide on-site management and support of celebrity talent shoots, events and appearances
- Communicate with EICs, Press, Marketing, Events, Production and all lines of business to remain informed regarding Unscripted talent needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with Nick Talent, Agencies, Management, etc
- Keep department informed about upcoming celebrity projects, logistics, updates etc.
- Manage contract administration and cost tracking for celebrity talent deals
- Maintain strong knowledge of Nickelodeon brand as it relates to Pop-Culture, Social, Movies, TV, Music, Sports, Digital, etc
- Attend industry functions (agency functions, comedy, premieres, and screenings) to further develop entertainment contacts and educate the industry about Nickelodeon
- Work directly with SVP, Music & Talent, to implement development strategies and long-term plans for music artists on all Nickelodeon Networks
- Manage day-to-day artist bookings for Nickelodeon Networks, including tentpole events, festivals, pro-social initiatives, short form content, off-channel events and episodic series needs
- Oversee pre-production logistics and handle on-site management as it pertains to music artist participation in Nickelodeon shows and events
- Act as department liaison and communicate with EICs, Press, Marketing, Events, Production Management, Legal and other lines of business to remain informed regarding music artist needs
- Cultivate relationships within the music community by attending industry functions (concerts, showcases, panels, etc.) to further develop contacts and spread awareness about Nickelodeon
- Maintain strong knowledge of the Nickelodeon brand as it relates to Music, TV, Movies and Social/Digital
- Oversee artist logistics for appearances, which includes: obtaining approval on creative concepts, drafting budgets, song lyric approvals, maintaining schedules and travel itineraries, Visas, work permits, glam and ensuring all contractual obligations are met
- Draft and send offer letters to record labels, managers, agents, etc.
- Manage contract administration, negotiate deals with record labels and managers, send deal memo requests, facilitate payment processing and cost tracking for music artist deals
- Review and give feedback on still photography, episodic performances, promo spots, social and digital content, etc. featuring music artist talent
- Support Nickelodeon musical artist talent by communicating needs with show production and maintaining strong relationships with the artists and their teams. (i.e.: America’s Most Musical Family, Lip Sync Battle Shorties)
- Keep Music Department informed on all upcoming artist projects and notable information
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lighting/Compositing Artist. Extensive knowledge of Maya is required. Strong knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop needed. Nuke knowledge preferred. Lightwave & Harmony experience a plus but not required. Illustration and digital painting skills are a great addition. A good generalist skillset is a big plus. Ideal candidate is approachable and a team player.
- Lighting, rendering, and compositing from Maya based on concepts sent from clients and directors.
- Digital touch-up, sweetening, and paint to finish composites as final art/illustrations.
- Able to work independently using commercial and proprietary lighting, rendering, and compositing tools.
- Able to switch gears quickly onto multiple projects.
- Assist in developing techniques to render the necessary layers with appropriate compositing software and detailed documentation.
- Take direction from the directors to establish suitable work techniques and lighting tools when needed, as well as macros for 2D and 3D software for other team members with detailed documentation explaining tools and techniques.
- Line Producer
- Provides general assistance to production employees, artists, coordinators, production managers and producers.
- Responsible for basic office duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and scheduling.
- Assist in the preparation of production materials.
- Organize the production unit’s files.
- Properly file, label, and arrange correspondence, invoices, recorded media, folders and all pre- production materials.
- Assist managers, producers, and coordinators throughout production.
- Assist in the creation of various documents, files, orders, scripts, and research material.
- Collect and distribute correspondence and production materials.
- Complete all design breakdowns.
- Copy storyboards, model packs and background layouts.
- Copy, scan and paste up artwork for model packs.
- Type and paste up storyboard dialogue and storyboard direction.
- Print and collate color models for shipment and distribution.
- Scan and copy painted backgrounds and other color material for archiving and/or shipment.
- Prepare domestic and overseas shipping documents.
- Type, send and follow up on documents emailed, or any materials shipped to the network.
- Arrange for pick-up and/or delivery of materials.
- Assist casting director; serve as backup for recording.
- Order and maintain production supplies.
- Assist on special projects.
- Help out wherever it’s needed.
- Manages the daily activities of the production.
- Communicate with Line Producer daily regarding the status of the department.
- Coordinate the workflow for all supervisors and artists in the CG Department.
- Keep accurate daily output information of all departments, and enforce deadlines.
- Alert LP of potential problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Update key production personnel on the status of all areas of production.
- Maintain and distribute weekly production schedule with accurate information to upper management and production staff.
- Run weekly department meetings.
- Supervise Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistants; assist Line Producer in hiring, performance reviews and terminations for these positions.
- Oversee preparation production materials for shipping.
- Manage schedule to ensure production meets strict deadlines. Some of these duties include:
- Troubleshoot problem.
- Coordinate and supervise vendor studios.
- Coordinate and supervise freelance production staff.
- Assist in the scheduling of key production personnel.
- Schedule production meetings as necessary
- Assist with ancillary projects; assist LP with special projects
- Act as primary liaison with vendor studio(s).
- Facilitate communication in a timely manner between production unit and outside studio regarding production issues, questions and materials.
- Assist Post Supervisor in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure that lists and notes are communicated in a timely manner; monitor retake budget.
- Draft and coordinate all new hire paperwork for freelancers.
- Update Human Resources monthly on all freelance activity.
- Review and approve weekly time sheets.
- Gather and submit new hire information to Human Resources.
- Coordinate Facilities and IS&T requests.
- Coordinate materials for festivals, awards, etc.
- A Nick Jr. preschool series in New York City is looking to fill a Curriculum & Development Supervisor position. The individual would be responsible for leading and managing a rigorous schedule of research projects that support the series. In addition, this position will supervise the production of materials for research sessions which will include working closely with writers, artists, producers, and researchers.
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative research projects from start to finish, including the creation and organization of materials, fieldwork, and data preparation.
- Attend and independently manage school-based research sessions
- Take a leadership role in the production of materials for research
- Attends writing and production meetings on an as needed basis and is available to provide thoughtful comments and feedback to artists, writers, and production staff as it relates to the needs of the target audience.
- Acts as liaison between the Director of Curriculum & Development, the rest of the Curriculum & Development Team and the Production Team.
- A preschool animated TV series on Nick Jr. in New York City is searching for a reliable and detail-oriented Production Coordinator to join their team. The Production Coordinator will work closely with our Animatic and Animation Associate Producers and serve as a critical point of contact between departments. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, has strong communication skills, and is capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced production environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Nick Jr. team on a current show!
- Attend all animatic and animation related meetings and prepare follow-up notes
- Prepare and distribute materials for all meetings, and take detailed notes
- Maintain and coordinate multiple department schedules, including updating and distributing weekly progress reports
- Manage the Animatic and Animation processes and schedules
- Coordinate freelance artist staff schedules; communicate all meeting times and deadlines and schedule information to freelance staff
- Attend weekly production meetings and provide updates at meetings
- Prepare and track submissions to network for feedback and track network notes
- Act as a liaison between the Animatics, Animation, and all other teams
- Communicate any new information to other departments
- Keep LP apprised of any changes or delays in schedule
- Observe and report regularly to LP on all production-related aspects of notes from meetings
- Support the team as needed across all areas of the Animatic and Animation process
- Executive Producer/Line Producer
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is looking for a Story Editor for its hit animated series, Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- Oversees and supervises writers who prepare scripts for their series.
- PLEASE NOTE: As this position is supervisory, it is exempt from overtime.
- **Please submit cover letter, resume, and at least 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confers with network, Executive Producer and Line Producer regarding selection of writers and material.
- Supervises writing staff from premise through record draft.
- Assigns staff members to write synopses, treatments, adaptations, scripts, and continuity when working on their series.
- Reviews writers’ work and gives instruction and direction regarding changes, additions, and corrections.
- Rewrites, combines, and polishes draft scripts, as necessary, to prepare scripts for production.
- Writes premises, outlines, scripts and synopses as needed.
- Ensures all script notes are addressed.
- Attends and contributes to meetings, pitches and recording sessions as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains show bible.
- Ensures all deadlines are met.
- Communicates regularly with appropriate production staff (LP, PM, Script Coordinator, etc.) regarding status of work.
- Ensures quality and style of show is achieved in all writing.
- Assists with and/or assigns and supervises special projects.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is looking for a Script Coordinator for its hit animated series, Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- Assist the Story Editors in their daily production functions.
- **Please send cover letters and writing samples to email@example.com by no later than Monday, August 12th.
- Attend writer’s meetings and prepare follow-up notes.
- Proofread, revise and re-work premises, outlines and scripts.
- Distribute premise, outlines and script drafts and revisions internally and to network.
- Attend Storyboard pitch meetings; prepare and distribute follow-up notes.
- Proofread storyboards for dialogue and other changes.
- Generate dialogue re-writes for storyboards as necessary for Story Editor review
- Write “storybook” story testing document for Story Editor review
- Maintain and update comprehensive database and files of premises, outlines and scripts, including all drafts and submissions.
- Maintain and coordinate writing schedule, including updating and distribution of weekly script status reports.
- Coordinate freelancer writing staff schedules; communicate all meeting times and deadlines and schedule information to freelance writers
- Attend weekly production meetings and provide updates at meeting.
- Prepare, track and catalogue premise, outline and script submissions to network; track and catalogue network notes.
- Prepare “recording”, “animatic lock” and “as broadcast” scripts.
- Track and coordinate pickup lines.
- Act as a liaison between Story Editors/writing department and all other departments
- Alert PM/LP of any writing issues.
- Observe and report regularly to PM/LP on all production-related aspects of notes meetings.
- Work with each Lead Character Technical Director to create rigs for characters, sets, and props.
- Character Set-up/Rigging/Weighting/Skinning.
- Implementation of new tools and techniques using Mel scripting.
- Create and enforce hierarchy and pipeline solutions.
- In depth knowledge of IK and FK systems is required.
- Great aesthetic eye for skin weights is a must.
- Texture Painting, Look Development, and Grooming in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Xgen, and Maya Redshift.
- Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles.
- The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with his or her own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
- Ability to texture in various specified styles depending on CG project.
Create Textures for 3D characters, props, and sets within Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Knowledge of Zbrush for use in creation of displacement and normal maps.
- Build Redshift shaders in Maya.
- Review UVs when needed.
- Must be familiar with Grooming. Xgen is preferred.
- Work to create models for backgrounds and props.
- Create high quality and detailed environment assets based on show requirements.
- Includes being flexible to adapt from one modeling style to another.
- Candidate should have a fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments, achieving desired aesthetics within the allowed polygon count, and efficiently translate the environments from 2D to 3D.
- Aid in the research, development and implementation of methods and techniques.
- Complete tasks within the time allotted.
- Will be required to build your own hard-surface and organic rigs.
- Work with the Lead CG Character Modeler to create models for characters, character blend shapes, and character UV unwraps.
- Create high quality and detailed character assets based on show requirements.
- Includes being flexible to adapt from one modeling style to another.
- Candidate should have a fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface characters, create rig friendly topology for the character’s needs, achieving desired aesthetics within the allowed polygon count, and efficiently translate the character from 2D to 3D.
- Aid in the research, development and implementation of methods and techniques.
- Simple knowledge of rigging, cluster creation, simple joint setup etc is a plus.
- Complete tasks within the time allotted.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking to hire a Realtime CG Supervisor to work on an untitled original piece of development. This role requires applicants to have advanced working knowledge and experience in realtime pipelines and engines. The ideal candidate is passionate about realtime technologies and animation. The CG Supervisor will oversee the realtime pipeline and workflow, ensuring creative and technical execution expectations are delivered upon.
- Responsible for all technical elements of CG asset creation in a realtime production setting, with the ability to troubleshoot various problems that arise during production.
- Oversee the setup of each UE4 project, and create guidelines and procedures around workflow within the engine.
- Supervise asset creation from internal and external artists, ensuring all assets are production ready to be used in-engine
- Supervise the Cinematic Director and Lighting TD’s to ensure the vision of the Director is executed
- Work with the Art Director to ensure all CG assets and final look-of-picture achieve a creative and technical quality bar appropriate for the production.
- Generates background designs, overlays, underlays, shadow and color guides, floor plans and any other background-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
- Review script for backgrounds needed at handout of show.
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and saved appropriately.
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
- Be available for questions until your department’s shipment is complete.
- If required, generate multiple views of environment and specific elements within it.
- Assist with special projects.
- If applicable, make special shadow and color indications.