Click column header to sort
- Texture Painting, Look Development, and Grooming in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Xgen, and Maya Redshift.
- Must be capable of creating painterly, stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles.
- The ideal candidate must have a critical eye with his or her own work, be able to follow reference material and concept art, be organized, have the ability to problem solve, be resourceful and creative, and work well with a team.
- Ability to texture in various specified styles depending on CG project.
Create Textures for 3D characters, props, and sets within Substance Painter and Substance Designer.
- Knowledge of Zbrush for use in creation of displacement and normal maps.
- Build Redshift shaders in Maya.
- Review UVs when needed.
- Must be familiar with Grooming. Xgen is preferred.
- A preschool animated TV series on Nick Jr. in New York City is searching for a 2D-Motion Graphic Animator to join their team. The Animator will be responsible for animating curriculum-focused segments in every episode, working closely with our Design and Curriculum departments. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and able to problem solve both technical and creative challenges. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Nick Jr. team on a current show!
- Design and animate motion graphics in sync with show style that transform complex curriculum concepts into clear visuals for preschool aged children
- Support producers and directors in achieving the vision for each project
- Participate and contribute original ideas in brainstorm discussions
- Solve visual and storytelling challenges
- Attend twice weekly review meetings with team
- This position reports to the MTS Manager. The Helpdesk Support Technician is tasked with monitoring calls to the Helpdesk phone line, and providing first level phone support to the Nick Animation Studio. The Helpdesk Support Technician will provide limited desk side support. If there is no first call resolution, he will create tickets to distribute to the appropriate desktop tech.
- The Helpdesk Support Technician will answer the Helpdesk line; provide first level phone support to Nick Animation users, create tickets, distribute tickets to the appropriate desktop technician, address email password issues, check open tickets, verify tickets are closed, respond to clients with the ticket number created for the call, along with the name of the MTS technician the problem is assigned to. The Helpdesk Support Technician is tasked with ensuring the ticket is responded to in a timely manner.
Answer Helpdesk phones
Provide 1st level computer support
Create Service request tickets
Assign each ticket to appropriate technician
Notify each user of the tech handling their issue and ticket number
Coordinate all VC alert test
Coordinate all Conference room meeting support.
Manages loaner equipment deliveries and returns
Image PCs and Macs
Handle distribution of printer toner
Maintain peripheral inventory in MTS cabinets
Check overnight Voicemail and create tickets
Inventory and handle all salvage equipment
Cisco IP desk phone and Voice mail programming setup.
Updating Wireless Access Passwords
Create and Maintain tickets within the service now ticketing system.
Create tickets for hardware/Software procurement.
Monitor email and phone calls to the Helpdesk.
Escalate tickets to management when appropriate.
Level 1 – Printer support:
Canon printer maintenance for all local buildings- responsibilities include:
Toner waste disposal and cartridge replacement.
Contact UBT for onsite support.
Clear paper jambs and print queues
Clear print queues.
Contact UBT (Printer Company) for onsite repairs.
Other essential Duties include:
Assists with Training room setups.
Assists with Salvage of equipment.
Assists with large scale client and production moves.
Assists users configuring wireless devices. i.e smart phones and tablets.
Acquires, configures, and provides loaner equipment as requested.
- Production Manager
- Coordinating the preparation of pre-production materials for shipping; organizing, labeling, and obtaining approvals.
- Coordinating the processing of material starting with the creation of the EMR through final checking.
- Organizing and maintaining systems for monitoring production flow of assigned shows.
- Setting up files, keeping a log of start/completion dates of production progress, labeling materials clearly and neatly with all necessary information.
- Confirming shipments to overseas animation studios.
- Tracking the progress of assigned shows and flagging potential problems and delays for the Production Manager and the Line Producer.
- Reading and responding to internal and overseas production e-mails in a timely manner.
- Completing script and storyboard breakdowns for models, props and background designs.
- Monitoring distribution of Network materials including rough storyboard, EMR, and black and white shipped materials.
- Tracking all pickup lines given from story department and make sure they are implemented into the final shipping animation.
- Assisting on special projects for festivals, awards and network promotions.
- Line Producer
- Provides general assistance to production employees, artists, coordinators, production managers and producers.
- Responsible for basic office duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and scheduling.
- Assist in the preparation of production materials.
- Organize the production unit’s files.
- Properly file, label, and arrange correspondence, invoices, recorded media, folders and all pre- production materials.
- Assist managers, producers, and coordinators throughout production.
- Assist in the creation of various documents, files, orders, scripts, and research material.
- Collect and distribute correspondence and production materials.
- Complete all design breakdowns.
- Copy storyboards, model packs and background layouts.
- Copy, scan and paste up artwork for model packs.
- Type and paste up storyboard dialogue and storyboard direction.
- Print and collate color models for shipment and distribution.
- Scan and copy painted backgrounds and other color material for archiving and/or shipment.
- Prepare domestic and overseas shipping documents.
- Type, send and follow up on documents emailed, or any materials shipped to the network.
- Arrange for pick-up and/or delivery of materials.
- Assist casting director; serve as backup for recording.
- Order and maintain production supplies.
- Assist on special projects.
- Help out wherever it’s needed.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is searching for a line producer for an animated series.
- Create and supervise the overall production schedule from pre-production through final delivery.
- Revising or adjusting schedule to ensure final delivery to client.
- Disseminating schedule information to all production personnel and ancillary departments.
- Tracking production progress and updating production schedule on ongoing basis.
- Creating and maintaining, with upper management production budget. Liaison with Accountant for budgetary information on production. Liaison with overseas production to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Responsible for communication between production unit and overseas studio.
- Gives feedback with upper management in setting deals with overseas studio.
- Negotiates overseas deals.
- Negotiates talent contracts.
- A preschool animated TV series on Nick Jr. in New York is seeking a reliable and detail-oriented Production Coordinator to join the Audio team. The Production/Audio Coordinator will work closely with our Audio Associate Producer and serve as a critical point of contact
between departments. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, has strong communication skills, and is capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks for the audio department overall in a fast-paced production environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Nick Jr. team on a current show!
- Track pick ups throughout animatic and animation stages of episodes
- Prepare and distribute scripts, pick up documents and any additional reference materials for VO sessions
- Take circle takes and contribute creative direction during VO sessions
- Attend and lead weekly VO Production meetings with LA casting team
- Maintain overall VO record and dialogue editing schedules
- Coordinate with the Writing department to create character sides and descriptions for casting as well as rewrites throughout production
- Coordinator with Production Management team to make sure audio deadlines are met
- Keep Audio Associate Producer updated on weekly deliverables and any changes to the audio schedule
- Maintain internal production documents related to VO sessions
- Director of Curriculum & Development, and Line Producer
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is seeking a talented, creative STORYBOARD ARTIST to work within the curriculum & development department, with excellent drawing and photoshop skills to work with a top-rated preschool production team. Job entails creating the art to be used in field testing sessions for each episode.
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lead FX Artist skilled, among other things, in Maya Fluids, RealFlow, and Nuke.
- Design, animate, light and composite high quality FX into completed shots, design and build expression based FX rigs and build and maintain MEL and Python based tools to support the FX pipeline.
- For each episodic segment, assessing scripts and storyboards for CG do ability and ensuring that they work in the confines of our production model, instruct on the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, make fair notes on vendor studios’ animation, create any layout, key poses, video notes necessary to instruct vendor studios in the completing the segment.
- To be the custodian of the Animation style of the show.
- Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
- They will train with the Core Animation team to learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire animation process and season.
- Primary teacher of the animation style to all other artists, including Overseas.
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements prior to animation beginning, to help ensure that vision is achieved in the final product.
- Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
- Have a good technical understanding of models and rigs.
- Test character rigs.
- Create Pose Libraries for episodic characters.
Director of Audio Production
An EMR (Edited Master Record) Editor is a person who must be proficient with ProTools, Izotope RX, Batch Commander and Sound Miner, as well as be able to work with one or sometimes multiple executives to create the final audio output for a show. They must be personable, organized, detail oriented, and able to work with multiple productions schedules and coordinate appointments using Outlook. They should have both Recording and Editing experience in a broadcast studio environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manages and executes the scheduling of a productions EMR edits and reviews with the productions.
- Uses Microsoft Outlook calendar for booking EMR appointments.
- Imports Audio from Original Record Sessions.
- Edit’s circle takes or ALL takes from Original Record using the circle take scripts from Casting Dept.
- Must label and organize audio edits to Nickelodeon operation standard.
- Organizes edits into a radio play for review with Director or Creator.
- Cleans any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software.
- Applies Stretch, Pitch Shift, Crossfades, Edits or any other effects to make audio work for the show.
- Operates Microphone Pre-Amp, Compressors, Headphones and Software for scratch records.
- May need to work out timing for action.
- May also need to edit syllable by syllable from multiple takes to get the best possible read and audio.
- Synchronizes Dialog to Final Picture for Conforms.
- Must know workflow between Animatic, Avid, and EMR.
- Must know how to process audio from Animatic for Avid deliveries.
- Ensure Conforms meet delivery specifications set by the post facilities for the mix stages.
- Manages ordering for any stock needed.
- Quality Controls all EMR’s and adheres to Viacom Broadcast Standards.
- Daily confirms that all Equipment is functioning properly.
- Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio and Technical Support Coordinator, Tech Ops, West Coast.
- Provides guidance and support to productions as needed.
- Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
- Coordinate Calendar appointments with show’s production team.
- Consults with producers, directors and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for the show.
- Interfaces with the highest level at the company to provide guidance and support.
- Communicates with Production Crew, Casting Staff, Post Productions Teams, Editors, and Assistants as needed.
- Provides regular status updates to Director of Audio, Productions, and Technical Operations.
- Meets with other EMR, Animatic, Avid editors and Technical Operations team to ensure uniformity.
The Sr. Director, Production – Games is responsible for overseeing all phases of development for the portfolio of game projects from concept phase through release and live operations for both license and internal game projects, focusing specifically on Big Kids games production.
Responsible to help identify, select, negotiate and manage external game developers and other third parties to ensure high quality games delivered within established budgets and schedules.
The position manages a team of game producers, at various levels, and maintains oversight of all game and related projects, ensuring the communication of product goals, progress, and any potential risks.
The Sr. Director, Production – Games manages communication and reporting to stakeholders and executive management, as well as external stakeholders (i.e. Show units, NCR, etc.).
- Develop and champion games roadmap for licensed and self-published titles, including any franchise plans specific to product IP
- Create, implement and manage Nick Games production processes, policies and procedures for internal and external use
- Participate in the Identification and selection of quality publishing and development partnerships
- Improve and evolve the Nick Games production and organizational structure
- Work with other Nickelodeon divisions to identify and execute synergistic opportunities across gaming platforms
- Work with development to identify game projects to take to “green-light” and help define success metrics
- Work to create developer agreements along with legal and business development, including creation of milestone and payment schedules, and communicate production related issues to the appropriate parties
- Serve as the executive contact with external developers and licensees throughout the production process and product life cycles
- Oversee the review of and approval of submitted milestones
- Manage production budgets against individual product P/L’s
- Develop strong relationships between all parties to maintain a reliable and timely flow of information as necessary
- Collaborates with marketing and PR to ensure effective synergy, distribution and promotion across the entire portfolio of Nickelodeon games
- Coordinate with all necessary departments and divisions as needed to facilitate delivery of projects and materials to ensure milestone deliveries are on time
- Work closely with the appropriate staff to research and identify any clearances for materials needed for publishing and/or marketing
- Keep key stakeholders informed of product status and vision throughout the project, including milestone updates, work-in-process presentations, etc)
- Manage brand clearances adhering to standard and brand approval requirements
- Participate in the due diligence process for external partners
- Represent production concerns for projects during roadmap planning and ongoing process
- Oversee milestone assessment for all projects
- Write and complete timely performance reviews
- Mentors and develops Producers at all levels
- Create staffing plans based on product roadmap
- Support the VP, Talent to implement talent development strategies and long-term plans for talent in Unscripted Programming in partnership with Celebrity Talent & Events Team
- Direct the day-to-day casting/talent booking for specific Nickelodeon Unscripted programming
- Manage day to day Talent Relations for Nickelodeon Networks Unscripted series including marketing, special events, pro-social and network needs
- Manage all logistics as it pertains to talent participation for appearances and events, including maintaining talent calendars, booking travel, cars, and ensuring that all contractual obligations are met and adhered to
- Direct and manage all pre-production and creative as it pertains to talent participation in unscripted programming
- Establish and develop relationships with entertainment community
- Negotiate talent deals with agents and managers
- Provide on-site management and support of celebrity talent shoots, events and appearances
- Communicate with EICs, Press, Marketing, Events, Production and all lines of business to remain informed regarding Unscripted talent needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with Nick Talent, Agencies, Management, etc
- Keep department informed about upcoming celebrity projects, logistics, updates etc.
- Manage contract administration and cost tracking for celebrity talent deals
- Maintain strong knowledge of Nickelodeon brand as it relates to Pop-Culture, Social, Movies, TV, Music, Sports, Digital, etc
- Attend industry functions (agency functions, comedy, premieres, and screenings) to further develop entertainment contacts and educate the industry about Nickelodeon
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lighting/Compositing Artist. Extensive knowledge of Maya is required. Strong knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop needed. Nuke knowledge preferred. Lightwave & Harmony experience a plus but not required. Illustration and digital painting skills are a great addition. A good generalist skillset is a big plus. Ideal candidate is approachable and a team player.
- Lighting, rendering, and compositing from Maya based on concepts sent from clients and directors.
- Digital touch-up, sweetening, and paint to finish composites as final art/illustrations.
- Able to work independently using commercial and proprietary lighting, rendering, and compositing tools.
- Able to switch gears quickly onto multiple projects.
- Assist in developing techniques to render the necessary layers with appropriate compositing software and detailed documentation.
- Take direction from the directors to establish suitable work techniques and lighting tools when needed, as well as macros for 2D and 3D software for other team members with detailed documentation explaining tools and techniques.
- Executive Producer/Line Producer
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is looking for a Story Editor for its hit animated series, Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- Oversees and supervises writers who prepare scripts for their series.
- PLEASE NOTE: As this position is supervisory, it is exempt from overtime.
- **Please submit cover letter, resume, and at least 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confers with network, Executive Producer and Line Producer regarding selection of writers and material.
- Supervises writing staff from premise through record draft.
- Assigns staff members to write synopses, treatments, adaptations, scripts, and continuity when working on their series.
- Reviews writers’ work and gives instruction and direction regarding changes, additions, and corrections.
- Rewrites, combines, and polishes draft scripts, as necessary, to prepare scripts for production.
- Writes premises, outlines, scripts and synopses as needed.
- Ensures all script notes are addressed.
- Attends and contributes to meetings, pitches and recording sessions as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains show bible.
- Ensures all deadlines are met.
- Communicates regularly with appropriate production staff (LP, PM, Script Coordinator, etc.) regarding status of work.
- Ensures quality and style of show is achieved in all writing.
- Assists with and/or assigns and supervises special projects.