Click column header to sort
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lead Storyboard Artist on an upcoming feature film to be released on streaming platforms. The style is cartoony, Harmony, slapstick.
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of movie is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Will be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for an Art Director to lead the designers and painters on one an upcoming feature film to be released on streaming platforms. Style is cartoony, Harmony, slapstick.
- Create and maintain the style of the show.
- Manage and direct a team of designers to accomplish that end, according to the production schedule.
- Review storyboards for all visual elements, working in conjunction with the Director.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of model packs and style guides, including but not limited to expressions, character construction, mouth charts, character turnarounds, props and main backgrounds.
- Oversee workflow to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assist with the generation of creative retake materials.
- Communicate appropriate creative notes to overseas studio.
- With LP’s prior approval, assign any necessary overflow design or color work to freelance artists and supervise artists’ work.
- Create rough and clean designs and color as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Liaise with Network, Executive Producer, and Line Producer to manage the creation of any special artwork or materials needed for press art, on-air promotions, or any other uses to ensure the style of the show is maintained.
- Guide artists through the design process and communicate any special needs.
- Rough Design:
- Break down script and review design lists with artists and production staff to generate rough character, prop and background designs for storyboard artists to use.
- Assign designs to specific artists.
- Communicate any special design needs or directives to the artists and appropriate production staff.
- Review completed designs with artists.
- Communicate and supervise any necessary changes.
- Meet regularly with appropriate production staff to communicate progress of department.
- Communicate and manage schedules, deadlines and priorities – and any changes to same -- to the design team/artists.
- Review completed designs with appropriate creative supervisors and ensure any further revisions are implemented.
- Direct clean-up process with artists, including monitoring schedule, deadlines and priorities.
- Review clean designs and layouts with appropriate creative supervisors and oversee any revisions or changes, as needed.
- Oversee color stylists and BG painters and communicate creative directives of the show, including special needs, such as lighting requirements, stylistic concerns and/or special color/palette needs. Review color models and BGs.
- Communicate and supervise any necessary changes.
- If necessary, assist with revisions.
- Attend color correction sessions, as available.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for an FX Artist skilled, among other things, in Maya Fluids, RealFlow, and Nuke.
- Design, animate, light and composite high quality FX into completed shots, design and build expression based FX rigs and build and maintain MEL and Python based tools to support the FX pipeline.
- Manages the daily activities of the production.
- Communicate with Line Producer daily regarding the status of the department.
- Coordinate the workflow for all supervisors and artists in the CG Department.
- Keep accurate daily output information of all departments, and enforce deadlines.
- Alert LP of potential problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Update key production personnel on the status of all areas of production.
- Maintain and distribute weekly production schedule with accurate information to upper management and production staff.
- Run weekly department meetings.
- Supervise Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistants; assist Line Producer in hiring, performance reviews and terminations for these positions.
- Oversee preparation production materials for shipping.
- Manage schedule to ensure production meets strict deadlines. Some of these duties include:
- Troubleshoot problem.
- Coordinate and supervise vendor studios.
- Coordinate and supervise freelance production staff.
- Assist in the scheduling of key production personnel.
- Schedule production meetings as necessary.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Assist with ancillary projects; assist LP with special projects.
- Act as primary liaison with vendor studio(s).
- Facilitate communication in a timely manner between production unit and outside studio regarding production issues, questions and materials.
- Assist Post Supervisor in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure that lists and notes are communicated in a timely manner; monitor retake budget.
- Draft and coordinate all new hire paperwork for freelancers.
- Update Human Resources monthly on all freelance activity.
- Review and approve weekly time sheets.
- Gather and submit new hire information to Human Resources.
- Coordinate Facilities and IS&T requests.
- Coordinate materials for festivals, awards, etc.
Nickelodeon is searching for a dynamic Vice President of Music to oversee the day to day music creation duties for all Nickelodeon productions. The VP will support all music and talent initiatives for Nickelodeon and be a key partner with Nick teams on all music opportunities.
The VP will apply their music expertise to serve as an in-house music consultant for all Nickelodeon LOBs and partner with EICs to execute music needs for production including main title themes, music remixes, song and show edits.
This position is based at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank and reports to the Senior Vice President, Music & Talent.
- Work with the songwriting, producer and music publishing community on behalf of all Nickelodeon productions and lines of business to source new songs, writers/producers and underscore composers for series, pilots, shorts, and any Nickelodeon experience design and touring needs
- Provide on-site management and expertise at music talent recording sessions and help with live music performances for our in-house talent
- Manage the relationship between music, production and BALA regarding agreements, budgets, cue sheets and song information etc.
- Work in tandem with Nick Partnership Marketing on all music partner opportunities including song creation, placement and performance
- Partner with SVP on day-to-day music and talent needs for all platforms including TV, radio, live and digital areas
- Develop and maintain relationships with music talent, managers, agents, record labels and publishers to educate the industry about Nickelodeon opportunities and help manage music talent for the network
- Partner with SVP to manage the schedule, process and release of all Nickelodeon series and artist music
- Works with marketing and internal creative teams for the creative development of album art and consumer marketing elements and any related needs
- Partner with Nick marketing, digital partnerships and publicity teams on artist video premieres, song streams and other music release based activity
- Handle any touring and music concert dates including show creative, set list, script, sound/production team, and any overall show needs
- Production Manager
- Coordinating the preparation of pre-production materials for shipping; organizing, labeling, and obtaining approvals.
- Coordinating the processing of material starting with the creation of the EMR through final checking.
- Organizing and maintaining systems for monitoring production flow of assigned shows.
- Setting up files, keeping a log of start/completion dates of production progress, labeling materials clearly and neatly with all necessary information.
- Confirming shipments to overseas animation studios.
- Tracking the progress of assigned shows and flagging potential problems and delays for the Production Manager and the Line Producer.
- Reading and responding to internal and overseas production e-mails in a timely manner.
- Completing script and storyboard breakdowns for models, props and background designs.
- Monitoring distribution of Network materials including rough storyboard, EMR, and black and white shipped materials.
- Tracking all pickup lines given from story department and make sure they are implemented into the final shipping animation.
- Assisting on special projects for festivals, awards and network promotions.
Nickelodeon is searching for a dynamic Vice President of Digital Content to oversee development and production of original short-form series and formats, as well as content inspired by and in support of the network’s current programming and priorities. The VP will be an integral part of Nickelodeon, and contribute to Viacom Digital Studios (VDS), helping to drive Nick’s expansion across kids’ favorite digital platforms.
The VP will apply their expertise in kid’s content to build, inspire and manage a nimble team of creatives and producers to create great platform-appropriate content to help drive KPIs including: video views, watch time, overall channel growth and brand value/relevance. The primary platform of focus will be YouTube.
This position is based at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank and reports to the Senior Vice President of Social Media and Digital Video. Are you ready to play?
- Development and production of original short-form content exclusively for Nickelodeon’s ecosystem of YouTube and social channels
- Interaction and close coordination with the linear development and current production teams to develop complementary concepts and formats that will pitch and catch between the linear network and YouTube
- Close coordination with the YouTube programming and audience development team to ensure overall strategic goals are met and all content is optimized
- Identify Influencers and Talent native to digital platforms with whom Nick should work and cultivate the next generation of Nick stars. Spot and respond to emerging trends and categories
- Recruitment and management of a nimble, vertically integrated creative team, capable of executing internal productions with aggressive deadlines
- Contracting and oversight of third party production companies when projects require them
- Ownership of all internal metrics of success, including average view duration and retention
- Interaction with business and legal affairs to execute deals on behalf of our productions.
- Management and oversight of the overall content budget
*STRONG CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED*
- Work with each Lead Character Technical Director to create rigs for characters, sets, and props.
- Character Set-up/Rigging/Weighting/Skinning.
- Implementation of new tools and techniques using Mel scripting.
- Create and enforce hierarchy and pipeline solutions.
- In depth knowledge of IK and FK systems is required.
- Great aesthetic eye for skin weights is a must.
Nick Animation Studio is looking for a Freelance Chracter Deisgner for SpongeBob SquarePants!
- Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director/Design Supervisor.
- Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Complete all character designs.
- Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director/Design Supervisor for approval.
- Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Complete work on schedule.