- To assist the Production Manager in coordinating the production of all assets and animation in the CG Department.
- Coordinate the workflow for all supervisors and artists in the CG Department.
- Keep accurate daily output information of all departments, and enforce deadlines.
- Oversee logging in Filemaker and filing in the directory structure all shipments in and out of the CG department.
- Maintain contact with all vendor studios and ensure that their question are answered and they received needed materials in a timely manner.
- Have daily check-ins with all members of Production, all artists and all supervisors in the CG department.
- Flag potential problems and delays for the Production Manager and the Line Producer.
- Read and respond to internal and outside studio production e-mails in a timely manner.
- Follow up on the collection and distribution production materials.
- Oversee that the Production Assistants have checked the quality of storyboards, animatics, assets and all other shipping material before the items are sent to vendor studios.
- Monitor distribution of production materials to network and/or others.
- Coordinate ongoing digital archive to the 2D productions for their Portfolio libraries.
- Assist on special projects.
*STRONG CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED*
- Work with each Lead Character Technical Director to create rigs for characters, sets, and props.
- Character Set-up/Rigging/Weighting/Skinning.
- Implementation of new tools and techniques using Mel scripting.
- Create and enforce hierarchy and pipeline solutions.
- In depth knowledge of IK and FK systems is required.
- Great aesthetic eye for skin weights is a must.
- For each episodic segment, assessing scripts and storyboards for CG do ability and ensuring that they work in the confines of our production model, instruct on the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, make fair notes on vendor studios’ animation, create any layout, key poses, video notes necessary to instruct vendor studios in the completing the segment.
- To be the custodian of the Animation style of the show.
- Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
- They will train with the Core Animation team to learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire animation process and season.
- Primary teacher of the animation style to all other artists, including Overseas.
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements prior to animation beginning, to help ensure that vision is achieved in the final product.
- Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
- Have a good technical understanding of models and rigs.
- Test character rigs.
- Create Pose Libraries for episodic characters.
Nick Animation Studio is looking for a Freelance Chracter Deisgner for SpongeBob SquarePants!
- Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director/Design Supervisor.
- Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Complete all character designs.
- Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director/Design Supervisor for approval.
- Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Complete work on schedule.
Who we are
The Nickelodeon Entertainment Lab is a team within Nickelodeon that focuses on real-time rendered content and production pipelines. We work on projects that include 360 cartoons, Location Based VR, and original content authored in game engines. We are a small team that works quickly and iteratively on our projects.
What we need
We are looking for someone who can help with the creative on a variety of our projects. We are seeking a 3D generalist that can help create environments and characters that are optimized for game engines (Unity and Unreal). We are looking for someone who has a passion for creating interactive real-time content and has experience with a real-time pipeline (motion capture, facial performance, game engine)
- CG modeling and animating
- Day-to-day, the CG Wizard will be making, creating, and playing with animation and games technology, with an eye on transforming television animation into an immersive, game-like, and VR experience.
- Experimenting with / thinking about VR and mixed reality.
- Telling stories using game engine technology.
- Exploring cartoon pipelines with real-time animation components (Motion Capture, Facial Tracking)
- Working with your team to evangelize new, alternative, and experimental pipelines to Development and studio executives, as well as to show creators.
- Problem solving / technical artistry.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Storyboard Artist for its hit animated show, SpongeBob SquarePants! This is a full-time, in-house position. The Storyboard Artist will work on a team with a Storyboard Director and will be responsible primarily with the plussing, clean-up, and re-staging of our Rough Boards (no boarding from script in this role).
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.