Click column header to sort
- Nickelodeon Animation is looking for an Executive Assistant for an upcoming animated production. This person will assist the Executive Producers in their daily production functions.
- Maintain Executive Producers' schedule.
- Answer Executive Producers' phone.
- Copy and distribute necessary production-related documents.
- Assist producers, Art Director, Post Production Supervisor and Production Manager when requested.
- Assist with weekly timesheets and paychecks.
- Order and pick up lunch for Executive Producers.
- Regularly stock supply cabinet.
- Update crew contact sheets.
- After show premieres, answer fan mail.
- Arrange travel for producers when necessary.
- Keep key production personnel updated as to Executive Producer’s schedule.
- SUPER IMPORTANT: Help out on production wherever it’s needed.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for an Art Director to help establish the style of a project that is currently in development. We are looking for someone who can bring a warm and natural approach to what will be a futuristic, technologically-advanced setting, i.e., a future that’s inviting.
- Create and maintain the style of the show.
- Manage and direct a team of designers to accomplish that end, according to the production schedule.
- Review storyboards for all visual elements, working in conjunction with the Storyboard Supervisor.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of model packs and style guides, including but not limited to expressions, character construction, mouth charts, character turnarounds, props and main backgrounds.
- Oversee workflow to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Assist with the generation of creative retake materials.
- Communicate appropriate creative notes to overseas studio.
- With LP’s prior approval, assign any necessary overflow design or color work to freelance artists and supervise artists’ work.
- Create rough and clean designs and color as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Liaise with Network, Executive Producer and Line Producer to manage the creation of any special artwork or materials needed for press art, on-air promotions or any other uses to ensure the style of the show is maintained.
- Guide artists through the design process and communicate any special needs.
- Rough Design:
- Break down script and review design lists with artists and production staff to generate rough character, prop and background designs for storyboard artists to use.
- Assign designs to specific artists.
- Communicate any special design needs or directives to the artists and appropriate production staff.
- Review completed designs with artists.
- Communicate and supervise any necessary changes.
- Meet regularly with appropriate production staff to communicate progress of department.
- Communicate and manage schedules, deadlines and priorities – and any changes to same -- to the design team/artists.
- Review completed designs with appropriate creative supervisors and ensure any further revisions are implemented.
- Direct clean-up process with artists, including monitoring schedule, deadlines and priorities.
- Review clean designs and layouts with appropriate creative supervisors and oversee any revisions or changes, as needed.
- Oversee color stylists and BG painters and communicate creative directives of the show, including special needs, such as lighting requirements, stylistic concerns and/or special color/palette needs. Review color models and BGs.
- Communicate and supervise any necessary changes.
- If necessary, assist with revisions.
- Attend color correction sessions, as available.
The Supervising Producer reports to:
- Show Creator
- Line Producer and VP/General Manager (administrative)
- Works with Creator and Line Producer in overseeing all aspects of development, pre-production, overseas production and post-production.
- Oversee the creation of thorough main model and episodic packs, including at least expressions, character construction, mouth charts, character turnarounds, props main backgrounds.
- Attend voice recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Review storyboard artists’ work to ensure quality and style of show is met.
- Thoroughly review storyboards for timing and shipping and oversee revisions as necessary.
- Ensure all notes on storyboards, animatics and models are properly addressed.
- Additional storyboard work as needed.
- Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, guidance and revisions when necessary.
- Ensure all aspects of animation direction/timing are completed on schedule and in the style of the show.
- When necessary, help with timing sheets and/or lip assigning.
- Communicate with checker to ensure all sheets and designs are suitable for production.
- Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work.
- Review pencil tests or rough animation, providing notes/guidance to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show.
- May require a visit to the overseas studio to review work being done on premises
- Review initial assembly of picture.
- Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits.
- Call, review and approve retakes within parameters of the show’s retake allowance.
- Ensure that all creative retake materials are completed and sent to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all retakes are cut into final picture upon return from overseas studio.
- If necessary, attend ADR recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Attend and contribute to music and sound effects spotting, preview and final mix.
- Attend color correction sessions.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is beginning production on a 2D REBOOT of the classic franchise Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! We are looking for Character Designers who can create original concepts, take direction well from the creative lead, and execute clean-up as well as turnarounds.
- Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director/Design Supervisor.
- Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Complete all character designs.
- Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director/Design Supervisor for approval.
- Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Complete work on schedule.