Creative supervisor for the entire department of digital illustrators and character artists. Oversee the creation and execution of all Character Art and Illustration. Set the direction and tone for any artwork being generated by the team for all of VNCP
- Develop Character Art and Illustrations that translate the attitude and values of the VNCP properties
- Ensure a consistent artistic presentation of all VNCP properties across all businesses categories
- Partner with show creators to ensure consistent character modeling for all VNCP properties
- Explore new design styles and illustrative executions to enhance/extend current brands and grow globally the VNCP business
- Develop a pool of talent resources – both internally and externally
- Continuously seek out and apply trends in illustration styles to keep VNCP relevant and competitive
- Oversee execution of character art and custom illustration across all VNCP categories
- Critique work submitted by internal and external artists to ensure high quality of excellence and correct modeling
- Ensure all artwork aligns with both business and property strategies
- Collaborate with Animation Studio to build relationships between on-air and off-air creative
- Learn the modeling, styles and attitudes of all characters. Share this knowledge with the teams
- Maintain an awareness of all VNCP properties - specifically those slated for franchise status
- Partner with Property Design VP during the creation of style guides
- Build relationships with VNCP business teams
- Oversee and steer creative on any character art/illustration exploratories
- Grow and mentor the internal creative team
- Position reports to SVP Character Art and Product Development Design, VNCP Global Creative Group
Who we are
The Nickelodeon Entertainment Lab is a team within Nickelodeon that focuses on real-time rendered content and production pipelines. We work on projects that include 360 cartoons, Location Based VR, and original content authored in game engines. We are a small team that works quickly and iteratively on our projects.
What we need
We are looking for someone who can help with the creative on a variety of our projects. We are seeking a 3D generalist that can help create environments and characters that are optimized for game engines (Unity and Unreal). We are looking for someone who has a passion for creating interactive real-time content and has experience with a real-time pipeline (motion capture, facial performance, game engine)
- CG modeling and animating
- Day-to-day, the CG Wizard will be making, creating, and playing with animation and games technology, with an eye on transforming television animation into an immersive, game-like, and VR experience.
- Experimenting with / thinking about VR and mixed reality.
- Telling stories using game engine technology.
- Exploring cartoon pipelines with real-time animation components (Motion Capture, Facial Tracking)
- Working with your team to evangelize new, alternative, and experimental pipelines to Development and studio executives, as well as to show creators.
- Problem solving / technical artistry.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Storyboard Artist for its hit animated show, SpongeBob SquarePants! This is a full-time, in-house position. The Storyboard Artist will work on a team with a Storyboard Director and will be responsible primarily with the plussing, clean-up, and re-staging of our Rough Boards (no boarding from script in this role).
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.