Click column header to sort
Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Casting Director. The Casting Director oversee casting for all assigned Nickelodeon shows. He/She reports to the VP of Animation Casting and Talent Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with producers and productions to cast all recurring and incidental roles for current series.
• Develop new and foster existing relationships with agents, managers and talent.
• Negotiate talent rates for all recurring and incidental roles
• Generate contacts, time cards and union paperwork for all talent
• Track and approve all talent invoices
• Create, manage, and distribute record calendars for all series
• Schedule all production recording sessions (Talent, production team, recording studios, voice directors, studio teachers, and tutoring locations)
• Manage all record sessions i.e. acting talent representative in the room, cover circle takes and directors notes
• Track and prioritize all record materials
• Approve and distribute cast credits for all episodes produced
• Manage Casting Assistant.
- A preschool animated TV series on Nick Jr. in New York is seeking a reliable and detail-oriented Production Coordinator to join the Audio team. The Production/Audio Coordinator will work closely with our Audio Associate Producer and serve as a critical point of contact
between departments. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, has strong communication skills, and is capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks for the audio department overall in a fast-paced production environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Nick Jr. team on a current show!
- Track pick ups throughout animatic and animation stages of episodes
- Prepare and distribute scripts, pick up documents and any additional reference materials for VO sessions
- Take circle takes and contribute creative direction during VO sessions
- Attend and lead weekly VO Production meetings with LA casting team
- Maintain overall VO record and dialogue editing schedules
- Coordinate with the Writing department to create character sides and descriptions for casting as well as rewrites throughout production
- Coordinator with Production Management team to make sure audio deadlines are met
- Keep Audio Associate Producer updated on weekly deliverables and any changes to the audio schedule
- Maintain internal production documents related to VO sessions
Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Casting Assistant. The Casting Assistant interfaces with talent at recording sessions, organizes record materials for all sessions, assists in the preparation and processing of talent paperwork, and coordinates with production to track record materials at each stage. He/She reports to the two Associate Casting Directors and handles all administrative needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain record calendar for up to 5 series
- Process talent payments
- Maintain cast lists for all shows
- Prep materials for all recording sessions
- Create character breakdowns and line counts for all scripts
- Pull audition sides for any new characters that need to be cast
- Send out scripts to actors prior to recording sessions
- Track all record materials: Original Records, Pick-Ups and ADR
- Manage paperwork distribution to New York offices as well as SAG-AFTRA
- During record sessions keep director’s note (circle takes) as well as act as a liaison between the director/creators and actors *When needed*
- Director of Curriculum & Development, and Line Producer
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is seeking a talented, creative STORYBOARD ARTIST to work within the curriculum & development department, with excellent drawing and photoshop skills to work with a top-rated preschool production team. Job entails creating the art to be used in field testing sessions for each episode.
- Meet with creative supervisors to discuss objectives of storyboard; what is desired or to be achieved.
- Create storyboards by implementing storytelling objectives.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Address any problems with creative supervisors; ask necessary questions.
- Communicate progress of work to creative supervisors and to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work.
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Meet all deadlines as determined by Line Producer or Production Manager.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and pitches as needed.
- Maybe be required to pitch Storyboards.
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lead FX Artist skilled, among other things, in Maya Fluids, RealFlow, and Nuke.
- Design, animate, light and composite high quality FX into completed shots, design and build expression based FX rigs and build and maintain MEL and Python based tools to support the FX pipeline.
- For each episodic segment, assessing scripts and storyboards for CG do ability and ensuring that they work in the confines of our production model, instruct on the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, make fair notes on vendor studios’ animation, create any layout, key poses, video notes necessary to instruct vendor studios in the completing the segment.
- To be the custodian of the Animation style of the show.
- Review episodic animation at all stages of production, provide feedback and direction to animators/studios.
- They will train with the Core Animation team to learn the established style of the show and be responsible for seeing that style through the entire animation process and season.
- Primary teacher of the animation style to all other artists, including Overseas.
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements prior to animation beginning, to help ensure that vision is achieved in the final product.
- Review designs and breakdown decisions to help direct from the front on new or reused assets (instead of noting issues once into production).
- Have a good technical understanding of models and rigs.
- Test character rigs.
- Create Pose Libraries for episodic characters.
Director of Audio Production
An EMR (Edited Master Record) Editor is a person who must be proficient with ProTools, Izotope RX, Batch Commander and Sound Miner, as well as be able to work with one or sometimes multiple executives to create the final audio output for a show. They must be personable, organized, detail oriented, and able to work with multiple productions schedules and coordinate appointments using Outlook. They should have both Recording and Editing experience in a broadcast studio environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manages and executes the scheduling of a productions EMR edits and reviews with the productions.
- Uses Microsoft Outlook calendar for booking EMR appointments.
- Imports Audio from Original Record Sessions.
- Edit’s circle takes or ALL takes from Original Record using the circle take scripts from Casting Dept.
- Must label and organize audio edits to Nickelodeon operation standard.
- Organizes edits into a radio play for review with Director or Creator.
- Cleans any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software.
- Applies Stretch, Pitch Shift, Crossfades, Edits or any other effects to make audio work for the show.
- Operates Microphone Pre-Amp, Compressors, Headphones and Software for scratch records.
- May need to work out timing for action.
- May also need to edit syllable by syllable from multiple takes to get the best possible read and audio.
- Synchronizes Dialog to Final Picture for Conforms.
- Must know workflow between Animatic, Avid, and EMR.
- Must know how to process audio from Animatic for Avid deliveries.
- Ensure Conforms meet delivery specifications set by the post facilities for the mix stages.
- Manages ordering for any stock needed.
- Quality Controls all EMR’s and adheres to Viacom Broadcast Standards.
- Daily confirms that all Equipment is functioning properly.
- Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio and Technical Support Coordinator, Tech Ops, West Coast.
- Provides guidance and support to productions as needed.
- Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
- Coordinate Calendar appointments with show’s production team.
- Consults with producers, directors and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for the show.
- Interfaces with the highest level at the company to provide guidance and support.
- Communicates with Production Crew, Casting Staff, Post Productions Teams, Editors, and Assistants as needed.
- Provides regular status updates to Director of Audio, Productions, and Technical Operations.
- Meets with other EMR, Animatic, Avid editors and Technical Operations team to ensure uniformity.
- Design, plan and implement program schedules for Nick Junior Preschool Block and Channel, long & short term
- Lead and Manage the day to day long form program scheduling operations
- Partner with Research in order to boost the program schedule and build ratings, reach and awareness
- Work closely with Media Planning on all stunts and programming initiatives to elevate network priorities
- Work closely with Multiplatform to window long form programming content across non-linear screens
- Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends and analyze their implications
- Work closely with Production/Current Series on series deliveries
- Collaborate with other Nickelodeon networks to coordinate programming priorities
- Manage team – Director and Programming Scheduler
- Communicate programming plans across the company through appropriate forums with Media Planning, Production, Press, Marketing, Digital and Social
The Sr. Director, Production – Games is responsible for overseeing all phases of development for the portfolio of game projects from concept phase through release and live operations for both license and internal game projects, focusing specifically on Big Kids games production.
Responsible to help identify, select, negotiate and manage external game developers and other third parties to ensure high quality games delivered within established budgets and schedules.
The position manages a team of game producers, at various levels, and maintains oversight of all game and related projects, ensuring the communication of product goals, progress, and any potential risks.
The Sr. Director, Production – Games manages communication and reporting to stakeholders and executive management, as well as external stakeholders (i.e. Show units, NCR, etc.).
- Develop and champion games roadmap for licensed and self-published titles, including any franchise plans specific to product IP
- Create, implement and manage Nick Games production processes, policies and procedures for internal and external use
- Participate in the Identification and selection of quality publishing and development partnerships
- Improve and evolve the Nick Games production and organizational structure
- Work with other Nickelodeon divisions to identify and execute synergistic opportunities across gaming platforms
- Work with development to identify game projects to take to “green-light” and help define success metrics
- Work to create developer agreements along with legal and business development, including creation of milestone and payment schedules, and communicate production related issues to the appropriate parties
- Serve as the executive contact with external developers and licensees throughout the production process and product life cycles
- Oversee the review of and approval of submitted milestones
- Manage production budgets against individual product P/L’s
- Develop strong relationships between all parties to maintain a reliable and timely flow of information as necessary
- Collaborates with marketing and PR to ensure effective synergy, distribution and promotion across the entire portfolio of Nickelodeon games
- Coordinate with all necessary departments and divisions as needed to facilitate delivery of projects and materials to ensure milestone deliveries are on time
- Work closely with the appropriate staff to research and identify any clearances for materials needed for publishing and/or marketing
- Keep key stakeholders informed of product status and vision throughout the project, including milestone updates, work-in-process presentations, etc)
- Manage brand clearances adhering to standard and brand approval requirements
- Participate in the due diligence process for external partners
- Represent production concerns for projects during roadmap planning and ongoing process
- Oversee milestone assessment for all projects
- Write and complete timely performance reviews
- Mentors and develops Producers at all levels
- Create staffing plans based on product roadmap
- Support the VP, Talent to implement talent development strategies and long-term plans for talent in Unscripted Programming in partnership with Celebrity Talent & Events Team
- Direct the day-to-day casting/talent booking for specific Nickelodeon Unscripted programming
- Manage day to day Talent Relations for Nickelodeon Networks Unscripted series including marketing, special events, pro-social and network needs
- Manage all logistics as it pertains to talent participation for appearances and events, including maintaining talent calendars, booking travel, cars, and ensuring that all contractual obligations are met and adhered to
- Direct and manage all pre-production and creative as it pertains to talent participation in unscripted programming
- Establish and develop relationships with entertainment community
- Negotiate talent deals with agents and managers
- Provide on-site management and support of celebrity talent shoots, events and appearances
- Communicate with EICs, Press, Marketing, Events, Production and all lines of business to remain informed regarding Unscripted talent needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with Nick Talent, Agencies, Management, etc
- Keep department informed about upcoming celebrity projects, logistics, updates etc.
- Manage contract administration and cost tracking for celebrity talent deals
- Maintain strong knowledge of Nickelodeon brand as it relates to Pop-Culture, Social, Movies, TV, Music, Sports, Digital, etc
- Attend industry functions (agency functions, comedy, premieres, and screenings) to further develop entertainment contacts and educate the industry about Nickelodeon
- Work directly with SVP, Music & Talent, to implement development strategies and long-term plans for music artists on all Nickelodeon Networks
- Manage day-to-day artist bookings for Nickelodeon Networks, including tentpole events, festivals, pro-social initiatives, short form content, off-channel events and episodic series needs
- Oversee pre-production logistics and handle on-site management as it pertains to music artist participation in Nickelodeon shows and events
- Act as department liaison and communicate with EICs, Press, Marketing, Events, Production Management, Legal and other lines of business to remain informed regarding music artist needs
- Cultivate relationships within the music community by attending industry functions (concerts, showcases, panels, etc.) to further develop contacts and spread awareness about Nickelodeon
- Maintain strong knowledge of the Nickelodeon brand as it relates to Music, TV, Movies and Social/Digital
- Oversee artist logistics for appearances, which includes: obtaining approval on creative concepts, drafting budgets, song lyric approvals, maintaining schedules and travel itineraries, Visas, work permits, glam and ensuring all contractual obligations are met
- Draft and send offer letters to record labels, managers, agents, etc.
- Manage contract administration, negotiate deals with record labels and managers, send deal memo requests, facilitate payment processing and cost tracking for music artist deals
- Review and give feedback on still photography, episodic performances, promo spots, social and digital content, etc. featuring music artist talent
- Support Nickelodeon musical artist talent by communicating needs with show production and maintaining strong relationships with the artists and their teams. (i.e.: America’s Most Musical Family, Lip Sync Battle Shorties)
- Keep Music Department informed on all upcoming artist projects and notable information
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Lighting/Compositing Artist. Extensive knowledge of Maya is required. Strong knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop needed. Nuke knowledge preferred. Lightwave & Harmony experience a plus but not required. Illustration and digital painting skills are a great addition. A good generalist skillset is a big plus. Ideal candidate is approachable and a team player.
- Lighting, rendering, and compositing from Maya based on concepts sent from clients and directors.
- Digital touch-up, sweetening, and paint to finish composites as final art/illustrations.
- Able to work independently using commercial and proprietary lighting, rendering, and compositing tools.
- Able to switch gears quickly onto multiple projects.
- Assist in developing techniques to render the necessary layers with appropriate compositing software and detailed documentation.
- Take direction from the directors to establish suitable work techniques and lighting tools when needed, as well as macros for 2D and 3D software for other team members with detailed documentation explaining tools and techniques.
- Executive Producer/Line Producer
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio in New York City is looking for a Story Editor for its hit animated series, Blaze and the Monster Machines.
- Oversees and supervises writers who prepare scripts for their series.
- PLEASE NOTE: As this position is supervisory, it is exempt from overtime.
- **Please submit cover letter, resume, and at least 2 writing samples to email@example.com
- Confers with network, Executive Producer and Line Producer regarding selection of writers and material.
- Supervises writing staff from premise through record draft.
- Assigns staff members to write synopses, treatments, adaptations, scripts, and continuity when working on their series.
- Reviews writers’ work and gives instruction and direction regarding changes, additions, and corrections.
- Rewrites, combines, and polishes draft scripts, as necessary, to prepare scripts for production.
- Writes premises, outlines, scripts and synopses as needed.
- Ensures all script notes are addressed.
- Attends and contributes to meetings, pitches and recording sessions as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains show bible.
- Ensures all deadlines are met.
- Communicates regularly with appropriate production staff (LP, PM, Script Coordinator, etc.) regarding status of work.
- Ensures quality and style of show is achieved in all writing.
- Assists with and/or assigns and supervises special projects.