Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for an environment modeler for a new tv series. The position will ideally begin around mid-July, 2018.
- Work with the Environment Supervisor to create models for environments, props, and occasionally characters.
- Rig all assets included in the environment and uv unwrap the environment model.
- Candidate required having advanced knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments and props, Maya’s referencing system, organizing complex hierarchies, creating lo res proxies, and utilizing IK – FK – and Deformer based rigs.
- Conduct the first approval evaluation of all assets created by team members.
- Create “Build” notes for the designs that satisfy the pipeline, the episode’s needs, and the artist’s needs.
- Work with the Lead Character Modeler and Lead Character TD to make the episode doable within the CG Department’s parameters.
- Complete tasks within the time allotted.
- Create thorough modeling and rigging guidelines for each set design (built at vendor studio), and review set models when completed.
- Lead team of Environment Artists by enforcing aesthetics, technical quality, and time lines for each assignment.
- Review animatics/designs and give suggestions and/or solutions to the Supervising Producer to make the episode fit within the given parameters.
- The Character Modeler should have 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games (Not Mandatory).
- The ideal candidate should be an artist who can model and have proficient rigging skills.
- The candidate must be able to lead a small team of other generalists, with both aesthetics and time management.
- A great "can do" attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
- We are looking for individuals who have extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
- The Lead Environment Artist should have 3-5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games (Not Mandatory).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed