Overview and Responsibilities
- Art Director or Executive Producer (creative)
- Line Producer (administrative)
- Paints backgrounds, layouts and any other background-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
- Meet with creative supervisor(s) to ensure color needs of show are fulfilled.
- Follow instructions of supervisor.
- Complete all color work within assigned deadlines.
- Resolve color problems with creative supervisors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
- Be available for questions until your department’s shipment is complete.
- Review storyboard for background key color callouts.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects.
- Fulfill other color projects, including but not limited to color lead sheets, color script and/or color pass on storyboards.
- If applicable, scan backgrounds and adjust digitally as necessary.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Strong knowledge of color theory and lighting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable color software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask a plus.
- Some digital color experience desired.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience highly desired.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed