Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a CG Supervising Producer for an animated show (title TBA). Works with Executive Producer and Line Producer in running the CG pipeline, i.e., overseeing all aspects of development, pre-production, overseas production and post-production.
- Communicate to Executive Producer, VP/General Manager, Line Producer and other appropriate production staff regarding the status of work and any problems that may arise.
- Present possible solutions to production problems.
- Ensure desired quality and style of show is met within the parameters of the show’s network-approved schedule and budget.
- Attend and contribute to all relevant production meetings.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- This could include but is not limited to main title, title cards, press art, style guide, tool kit and any network requests.
- Contribute significantly to production design and artistic staffing.
- Supervise the art director(s) and design team to make sure that the design scope will fit with the limitations of CG.
- Review all scripts and provide feedback in regards to how it will affect the design and CG assets.
- Oversee the creation of thorough model packs, including at least character construction, character turnarounds, props, and main backgrounds.
- Supervise our internal CG team to and devise technical solutions to all problems relating to CG assets
- Review storyboard artists’ work to ensure technical quality is met, specifically as it relates to CG feasibility.
- Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, guidance and revisions when necessary. This is specifically as it relates to CG feasibility.
- Work with layout artist and directors to make sure all animation reference is provided to the overseas studio.
- Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work.
- Review all stages of animation (layout, primary, and secondary), providing notes/guidance to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show.
- May require a visit to the overseas studio to review work being done on premises
- Review initial assembly of picture.
- Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits.
- Call, review and approve retakes within parameters of the show’s retake allowance.
- Ensure that all creative retake materials are completed and sent to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all retakes are cut into final picture upon return from overseas studio.
- If necessary, attend ADR recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Attend and contribute to music and sound effects spotting, preview and final mix.
- Attend color correction sessions.
- Solid knowledge of all facets of the animation process.
- Strong visual and structural storytelling skills.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
- Solid leadership and communication skills
- On-the-fly problem solving ability.
- Ability to be creative on demand.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to balance the work of multiple episodes of material across all stages of production.
- Knowledge of applicable design / CG software and hardware.
- 5 – 7 years supervisory experience in CG animation preferred.
- Animation direction experience a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed