Overview and Responsibilities
- Nick Animation Studio is looking for a Character Designer who has at least 2-3 years' experience designing for CG animated productions (television or feature). Please do not apply if you do not have prior experience as a Character Designer or Visual Development Artist on CG productions.
- The style of this show leans toward Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
- Portfolio must include examples of technical turnarounds and poses, not just designs.
- Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director.
- Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Complete all character designs.
- Particularly important will be turnarounds and paying attention to how well your designs will serve the Character Modeler's needs.
- Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director for approval.
- Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Complete work on schedule.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show
- Strong character design and construction/mechanical skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask a plus
- Relevant drawing experience necessary
- Must have worked previously as a designer on CG animated productions
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed