The Supervising Producer reports to:
- Show Creator
- Line Producer and VP/General Manager (administrative)
- Works with Creator and Line Producer in overseeing all aspects of development, pre-production, overseas production and post-production.
- Oversee the creation of thorough main model and episodic packs, including at least expressions, character construction, mouth charts, character turnarounds, props main backgrounds.
- Attend voice recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Review storyboard artists’ work to ensure quality and style of show is met.
- Thoroughly review storyboards for timing and shipping and oversee revisions as necessary.
- Ensure all notes on storyboards, animatics and models are properly addressed.
- Additional storyboard work as needed.
- Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, guidance and revisions when necessary.
- Ensure all aspects of animation direction/timing are completed on schedule and in the style of the show.
- When necessary, help with timing sheets and/or lip assigning.
- Communicate with checker to ensure all sheets and designs are suitable for production.
- Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work.
- Review pencil tests or rough animation, providing notes/guidance to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show.
- May require a visit to the overseas studio to review work being done on premises
- Review initial assembly of picture.
- Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits.
- Call, review and approve retakes within parameters of the show’s retake allowance.
- Ensure that all creative retake materials are completed and sent to overseas studio in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all retakes are cut into final picture upon return from overseas studio.
- If necessary, attend ADR recordings to ensure character continuity.
- Attend and contribute to music and sound effects spotting, preview and final mix.
- Attend color correction sessions.