Nickelodeon Animation Studio is looking for a Recording Engineer to report into the Director of Audio Production.
Record all Nickelodeon Group Animation Production dialog record sessions, including original scripted
records, ADR, and ISDN/Source Connect Remote Recordings. Collaborate with Nickelodeon group
internal lines of business, external partners and vendors, engineering, support, Viacom production and
development groups. Coordinates food orders for studio sessions with catering. Oversee billing of ‘Out
of House’ productions for chargebacks. Helps schedule intern sit ins on records.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Create Pro Tools templates.
- Cleans and sets up the studio before and after each session, and/or daily.
- Organizes and maintains all cable management.
- Adjusts microphones and mic stand setups for clients at the start of each session.
- Sets out food orders and water and keeps plates and utensils stocked and tables clean.
- Operates Pro Tools, patch bays, Headphones and Video Systems when necessary.
- Downloads OMF’s/AAF for use with ADR.
- Set up ISDN box / Source Connect for connection with other studios.
- Back up sessions and delivers to Archives and Dialog Editors after each session.
- Removes old sessions from computer drives after 2 months.
- Tracks record hours for ‘out of house’ productions for billing.
- Handles ordering of all stock requests.
- Sets up and runs outdoor Audio PA for any studio events.
- Engineers Auditions.
- Reports all system issues to Director of Audio Production.
- Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
- Communicates with all Staff, including Casting, Production, Post Productions Teams, Editors,
- Archives team, Support and assistants as needed.
- Provides regular status updates to leadership.