Overview and Responsibilities
- Generates prop designs, special effects, lettering, schematics and any other prop-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
- Review script for props needed at handout of show.
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
- Be available for questions until your department’s shipment is complete.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects.
- If applicable, make special shadow and color indications.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Strong prop design and construction/mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask a plus.
- Relevant drawing experience necessary.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired.