Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon Animation is looking for a Character Designer for its upcoming, 22-minute, 2D Animated series Glitch Techs. This is an action-comedy show and while the visual style will be fun and whimsical, the Character Designer will be expected to be fluent in human anatomy. Highly recommend referencing the book Force: Dynamic Drawing for Animators by Mattesi, as well as portfolios of character designers working in feature animation and high-end Anime. If you're fairly confident that you could have been hired to design characters for Nickelodeon's Avatar and The Legend of Korra, then you are what we're looking for.
- Receive & understand Character Design assignment from Art Director/Design Supervisor.
- Ask appropriate questions to understand & complete the task.
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs.
- Complete all character designs.
- Make any changes or revisions and re-submit to Art Director/Design Supervisor for approval.
- Communicate with Design Supervisor & Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that arise.
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved.
- Complete work on schedule.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show
- Strong character design and construction/mechanical skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask a plus
- Relevant drawing experience necessary
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired