The Sr. Director, Production – Games is responsible for overseeing all phases of development for the portfolio of game projects from concept phase through release and live operations for both license and internal game projects, focusing specifically on Big Kids games production.
Responsible to help identify, select, negotiate and manage external game developers and other third parties to ensure high quality games delivered within established budgets and schedules.
The position manages a team of game producers, at various levels, and maintains oversight of all game and related projects, ensuring the communication of product goals, progress, and any potential risks.
The Sr. Director, Production – Games manages communication and reporting to stakeholders and executive management, as well as external stakeholders (i.e. Show units, NCR, etc.).
- Develop and champion games roadmap for licensed and self-published titles, including any franchise plans specific to product IP
- Create, implement and manage Nick Games production processes, policies and procedures for internal and external use
- Participate in the Identification and selection of quality publishing and development partnerships
- Improve and evolve the Nick Games production and organizational structure
- Work with other Nickelodeon divisions to identify and execute synergistic opportunities across gaming platforms
- Work with development to identify game projects to take to “green-light” and help define success metrics
- Work to create developer agreements along with legal and business development, including creation of milestone and payment schedules, and communicate production related issues to the appropriate parties
- Serve as the executive contact with external developers and licensees throughout the production process and product life cycles
- Oversee the review of and approval of submitted milestones
- Manage production budgets against individual product P/L’s
- Develop strong relationships between all parties to maintain a reliable and timely flow of information as necessary
- Collaborates with marketing and PR to ensure effective synergy, distribution and promotion across the entire portfolio of Nickelodeon games
- Coordinate with all necessary departments and divisions as needed to facilitate delivery of projects and materials to ensure milestone deliveries are on time
- Work closely with the appropriate staff to research and identify any clearances for materials needed for publishing and/or marketing
- Keep key stakeholders informed of product status and vision throughout the project, including milestone updates, work-in-process presentations, etc)
- Manage brand clearances adhering to standard and brand approval requirements
- Participate in the due diligence process for external partners
- Represent production concerns for projects during roadmap planning and ongoing process
- Oversee milestone assessment for all projects
- Write and complete timely performance reviews
- Mentors and develops Producers at all levels
- Create staffing plans based on product roadmap