- Manages the daily activities of the production.
- Communicate with Line Producer daily regarding the status of the department.
- Coordinate the workflow for all supervisors and artists in the CG Department.
- Keep accurate daily output information of all departments, and enforce deadlines.
- Alert LP of potential problems and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Update key production personnel on the status of all areas of production.
- Maintain and distribute weekly production schedule with accurate information to upper management and production staff.
- Run weekly department meetings.
- Supervise Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistants; assist Line Producer in hiring, performance reviews and terminations for these positions.
- Oversee preparation production materials for shipping.
- Manage schedule to ensure production meets strict deadlines. Some of these duties include:
- Troubleshoot problem.
- Coordinate and supervise vendor studios.
- Coordinate and supervise freelance production staff.
- Assist in the scheduling of key production personnel.
- Schedule production meetings as necessary
- Assist with ancillary projects; assist LP with special projects
- Act as primary liaison with vendor studio(s).
- Facilitate communication in a timely manner between production unit and outside studio regarding production issues, questions and materials.
- Assist Post Supervisor in monitoring and facilitating retake process; ensure that lists and notes are communicated in a timely manner; monitor retake budget.
- Draft and coordinate all new hire paperwork for freelancers.
- Update Human Resources monthly on all freelance activity.
- Review and approve weekly time sheets.
- Gather and submit new hire information to Human Resources.
- Coordinate Facilities and IS&T requests.
- Coordinate materials for festivals, awards, etc.