Overview and Responsibilities
- Receiving, organizing, and importing materials (audio from EMR, picture from the storyboard department, etc.), building and editing the Animatic, then exporting and archiving final materials.
- The duties of the Picture Editor include but are not limited to the full scope of the editing process for the show or shows they are assigned to from initial import and assembly to final online, layoff to HDCAM-SR or any digital recording deck/file-type, and punch-ins for QC fixes.
- Regular duties include receiving, importing, organizing, and assembling of picture materials, offline and online editing, secondary effects, color correction, various QuickTime encodes, and layback to HDCAM-SR and/or any type of digital recording deck/file utilizing the Avid Editing System.
- This person must be highly organized, have the ability to work well within a creative and technical environment that involves multiple parties’ input and should have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Avid Editing System, and related systems.
- This person is expected to be the repository for all day to day working knowledge of the post production editing process.
- The day to day scheduling and interaction with the Picture Editor is handled by the Post Production Supervisors/Managers. This is an important relationship that facilitates the completion of all daily needs including editing sessions, retake sessions, laybacks, QuickTime encodes, etc.
- Although the Post Production Supervisors/Managers oversee the editor's daily duties, the Picture Editor reports directly to the Line Producer(s) of the show(s) they work on and the head of Post Production.
- Previous Editorial experience cutting final picture with producers for an Animated Television Series
- Extensive knowledge of Avid Editing Systems including finishing and import/export to/from HDCAM-SR tape and all other file format/digital recording deck types
- Bachelor degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed