This position assists with production and administrative needs in support of Talent Development (Domestic/International Writing & Artist Programs) and Talent Outreach (Community & Industry) event planning & execution.
*Strong candidate identified*
Director, Talent Development (Domestic/International Writing & Artist Programs) & Outreach
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Track and organize the applications and submission materials for the Writing (i.e. scripts) and Artist (i.e. portfolios) Programs. Including, such tasks as:
- Add over 2,000 applicants to respective databases.
- Manage the script coverage process, including log & file all coverage.
- Track Round data & submit weekly reports.
- Oversee readers’ luncheons for in-house script analysts (executives).
- Aid in resolving any application or database issues.
- Liaison with Domestic & International script analysts through entire script reading process for Writing Program, including such tasks as:
- Implement and enforce freelance reading schedule.
- Confirm payment and submit invoices to Finance on a weekly basis.
- Liaison with Review Board members through entire portfolio evaluation process for Artist Program, including such tasks as:
- Provide Review Board members with assistance with portfolio review site (log-in issues, user questions, evaluation conflicts, etc.)
- Track evaluation process and send out regular reminder emails.
- Schedule semi-finalist and finalist interviews for both Programs as needed.
- Preparation & on-site support for events, such as panel interviews, portfolio reviews, and networking mixers.
- Archive past submissions and prep for next round of submissions (file systems and application site).
- Check info email accounts for both Programs daily. Add mailing list sign-ups to database.
- Maintain & update contact database for marketing purposes on a regular basis.
- Send marketing collateral to established marketing outlets prior to submission periods opening.
- Research new potential marketing opportunities.
- Coordinate Talent Outreach with logistics for all Industry (Festivals, Expos) and Community (Schools, Organizations) participation, including, such tasks as:
- Manage guest lists.
- Create event itineraries.
- Manage communication with special events team and select vendors regarding branding materials from planning through delivery.
- Prepare ship and track promotional materials for festival and schools events.
- Prepare gifts/goody bags for guests.
- Provide day-of event support (as needed)
- Track/maintain costs for Festival and Community participation.
- Provide overall support for Director in all aspects of office management and administrative tasks.
- Answer phones and take messages. Follow through on all appropriate requests.
- Handle all scheduling, travel itinerary, calendar and meetings for Director and department.
- Track, prepare, and submit all travel and expense reports.
- Maintain files, including database files, on writers, festivals, agents, and marketing outlets.
- Ensure all departmental library systems (Books, Scripts, DVDs) are tracked and functioning properly.
- Track, organize, and update all program files and scheduling information related to each program participant and his/her projects. For NWP this includes all story materials, premises, outlines, scripts, and notes meetings. For NAP this includes all show reference art materials, shadow schedules, etc.
- Maintain office supplies.