Nickelodeon is searching for a dynamic Vice President of Digital Content to oversee development and production of original short-form series and formats, as well as content inspired by and in support of the network’s current programming and priorities. The VP will be an integral part of Nickelodeon, and contribute to Viacom Digital Studios (VDS), helping to drive Nick’s expansion across kids’ favorite digital platforms.
The VP will apply their expertise in kid’s content to build, inspire and manage a nimble team of creatives and producers to create great platform-appropriate content to help drive KPIs including: video views, watch time, overall channel growth and brand value/relevance. The primary platform of focus will be YouTube.
This position is based at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank and reports to the Senior Vice President of Social Media and Digital Video. Are you ready to play?
- Development and production of original short-form content exclusively for Nickelodeon’s ecosystem of YouTube and social channels
- Interaction and close coordination with the linear development and current production teams to develop complementary concepts and formats that will pitch and catch between the linear network and YouTube
- Close coordination with the YouTube programming and audience development team to ensure overall strategic goals are met and all content is optimized
- Identify Influencers and Talent native to digital platforms with whom Nick should work and cultivate the next generation of Nick stars. Spot and respond to emerging trends and categories
- Recruitment and management of a nimble, vertically integrated creative team, capable of executing internal productions with aggressive deadlines
- Contracting and oversight of third party production companies when projects require them
- Ownership of all internal metrics of success, including average view duration and retention
- Interaction with business and legal affairs to execute deals on behalf of our productions.
- Management and oversight of the overall content budget