Nickelodeon is searching for a dynamic Vice President of Music to oversee the day to day music creation duties for all Nickelodeon productions. The VP will support all music and talent initiatives for Nickelodeon and be a key partner with Nick teams on all music opportunities.
The VP will apply their music expertise to serve as an in-house music consultant for all Nickelodeon LOBs and partner with EICs to execute music needs for production including main title themes, music remixes, song and show edits.
This position is based at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank and reports to the Senior Vice President, Music & Talent.
- Work with the songwriting, producer and music publishing community on behalf of all Nickelodeon productions and lines of business to source new songs, writers/producers and underscore composers for series, pilots, shorts, and any Nickelodeon experience design and touring needs
- Provide on-site management and expertise at music talent recording sessions and help with live music performances for our in-house talent
- Manage the relationship between music, production and BALA regarding agreements, budgets, cue sheets and song information etc.
- Work in tandem with Nick Partnership Marketing on all music partner opportunities including song creation, placement and performance
- Partner with SVP on day-to-day music and talent needs for all platforms including TV, radio, live and digital areas
- Develop and maintain relationships with music talent, managers, agents, record labels and publishers to educate the industry about Nickelodeon opportunities and help manage music talent for the network
- Partner with SVP to manage the schedule, process and release of all Nickelodeon series and artist music
- Works with marketing and internal creative teams for the creative development of album art and consumer marketing elements and any related needs
- Partner with Nick marketing, digital partnerships and publicity teams on artist video premieres, song streams and other music release based activity
- Handle any touring and music concert dates including show creative, set list, script, sound/production team, and any overall show needs